Digital Marketing: The Next Day of the Covid-19 Pandemic
It’s true that the e-commerce saw an unprecedented growth during the pandemic with shipping companies and the internet industry itself finding it hard to keep up with the global demand in online shopping. Some might think that this change seemed inevitable for the retailers due to the covid safety restrictions. Although, some sectors like law grasped at the opportunity as well and integrated some digital marketing methods into their communications mix.
The results were found to be highly effective as opposed to traditional media that law firms used so far.
This is merely one industry example that, initially, thought of digital marketing as a waste of money and time but, eventually, understood the significance of going online when the outbreak hit. Now more than ever, it’s evident that we live in a digital world where everything from internet banking to shopping for consumer goods becomes available through remote means. But let’s see this from a post-covid perspective and start talking with stats!
While the pandemic settles down, having several solid digital marketing strategies to rely on will not only help your company get back on its feet but also give you a massive head start against your rivals.
6 Interesting Stats About The Post-Outbreak Consumer
- Consumer behaviour has changed dramatically since the emergence of digital platforms. The lockdown simply accelerated the speed of the process.
- People who have been working remotely and living under restrictions have increased the usage of social media by 39%. It’s the perfect timing for your business to move past the limits of your office and start communicating with your audience through social networks.
- Brand loyalty has become fairly unstable. Over half of consumers are considering themselves less loyal toward the brands that they would usually choose. This appears as an opportunity for new brands to kickstart their digital communications.
- Search engine ad spent is expected to rise by 5.9% this year. With your audience spending more time online, investing more in driving search traffic to your website makes perfect sense for your business.
- From a marketing perspective, one of the most unexpected winners of the pandemic was live-streaming, with a quarter of consumers stating that they intend to continue attending more live streaming activities after the pandemic is over. This makes ground for many businesses to Livestream events, conventions, product launches, conferences, talks, and everything in between online.
- While marketers have concentrated their attention on digital platforms, there is still a range of areas in which consumers feel like they should do better. For example, 75% of customerswill enjoy receiving text updates about products left in an online shopping cart, although only 39% actually do so. Simple methods, such as using remarketing tactics apart from social media will help you boost customer loyalty and lead them more efficiently down the sales funnel, of course.
- While the pandemic settles down, having several solid digital marketing strategies to rely on will not only help your company get back on its feet but also give you a massive head start against your rivals.
The key bit of wisdom you must bear in mind is to concentrate as much on the new needs of your clients as your own.